Built for performance and show, the HPS Shortram Air Intake Kit for 1999-2005 Mazda Miata 1.8L Non Turbo offers a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to deliver performance gains while maintaining safe air fuel ratio. HPS Short Ram Air Intake has been tested on a rear-wheel dynamometer and shown increase in horsepower and torque. Compare to the cold air intake, HPS Short Ram Air Intake is a convenient way to change your intake in case of rainy days where water might be inducted into your cold air system.
They come with an K&N High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles).
HPS Shortram Air Intake Systems Features:
– Designed for increased performance for your vehicle, utilizing the finest quality components
– Proven by dyno to provide more horsepower and increased acceleration
– 2-3/4″ Mandrel-bent aluminum tube piping for optimal air flow. 1 Pieced Design
– Includes K&N High-Flow, Washable/Reusable Air Filter which is backed by Million Mile Limited Warranty
– Heat Shield is included for maximum cooling effect
– Bolt-on easy installation
Dyno Proven Performance Gains: +3.5 Whp, +3.7 Ft/lbs without any retuning
CARB Exempt: No
System Type: Shortram air intake system
Vehicle Application: Mazda 99-05 Miata 1.8L Non Turbo